Independence Day is coming quickly! Time to make your guest list and get your grills fired up. So while you are prepping for the big event, why not read up on some fun facts you can use to entertain your guests.
Did you know...
1) The Declaration of Independence was initially adopted by Congress on July 2, 1776, however, the revised version was not adopted until 2 days later.
2) The oldest most continuous celebration is the 4th of July Parade in Bristol, Rhode Island where it began in 1785.
3) "Yankee Doodle" was actually originally sung by British military officers prior to the American Revolution to mock the disorganized American colonists.
4) Three US Presidents died on Independence Day. Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe died within hours of each other in 1826. James Monroe died in 1831. On a happier note, Calvin Coolidge our 30th president, was born in 1872.
5) We can thank John Adams and Thomas Jefferson for declaring the bald eagle as our national bird, if it were up Benjamin Franklin our national bird would have been a turkey!
Another way to prepare for the big celebration is to wear good ole' red, white and blue! We love how these dresses are perfect for the 4th or any patriotic event, yet so versatile to wear throughout the summer and early fall. Switch up the sashes and / or accessories for a different look!
Finally, whatever you do on the 4th, please be safe, enjoy your time with family and friends, and take a moment to appreciate that we live in the greatest country in the history of man. God Bless the USA!